Master Class & Workshop
The central aim of the Masterclass is to familiarize our students with the skillset, tricks of the trade and ways of thinking necessary to function as an accomplished and professional lyricist.
Classes begin November 5th and run through December 10th. Contact the studio for more information and how to join in on the class!
Six Week Master Class $995
Class size is limited to six participants.
Tim’s intensive six week course will cover, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- CONTEMPORARY SONG CATEGORIES and GENRES
- VERSES, BRIDGES, CHORUSES & MIDDLE EIGHTS
- THE IMPORTANCE OF TITLES
- DIFFERENT APPROACHES TO VERSE STRUCTURE
- LYRICAL TOOLS & METHODOLOGIES
- THE RHYTHM OF WORDS
- SONG EDITING
- INSPIRATIONS, ASPIRATIONS & TECHNIQUES TO ACHIEVE THEM
- THE HISTORY OF ELEGANT MISTAKES & MAGICAL FLAWS
- THE VITAL QUIRK FACTOR & THE IMPORTANCE OF SURPRISE
- MINDLESSNESS (AND HOW TO ACQUIRE IT)
- THE SUPREMACY OF HOOKS & THE OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST
- RHYMES AND REASONS
- HOW TO AVOID BEING CLEVER
- FOUND OBJECTS & HAPPY ACCIDENTS
- DEADLINES, PANIC & PREVARICATION
- TAPPING INTO THE ZEITGEIST
- HOW TO CRITIQUE SONGS (INCLUDING YOUR OWN)
- SONG PLACEMENT (INCLUDING RADIO, TV SHOWS, MOVIES & THE INTERNET)
Each serious participant, at whatever songwriting level they have so far reached, will be encouraged to throw themselves into the spirit of things at each Workshop session and will be invited to prepare songwriting ‘homework’ with as much help as is needed being readily and freely available.